Thursday, December 7, 2017

How to: Dip, Dab, and Drag Technique for Glass Ornaments

Hi everyone.  I have a fun idea to share today, using what I call my "dip, dab, and drag" technique to imitate an acrylic pour without the hassle.  You might even say it looks more like a marbled effect, but whatever you see, the result is pretty amazing.  I have prepared a video tutorial to show you the process, and I am using ColourArte's Primary Elements artist pigments with pouring medium.




CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL

Imagine the possibilities for all sorts of surfaces, but especially for such non-flat surfaces as these ornaments.  Change up the colors and you have beautiful ornaments for any holiday.  Traditional reds and greens would be perfect for Christmas, or pastels for Easter eggs, and so on.

I hope you enjoyed my project, and as always, thanks so much for stopping by.

Have a wonderful holiday season.

Barbara

2 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea for making an ornament, using these products.
    You are so clever, Barb. I have seen colorizing the interior, and now it's nice to know how to nicely decorate the outside of a glass ornament. Happy Holidays to you, Barb. Look forward to more clever ideas in 2018!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind comments. I'm so glad you enjoyed the project. Happy Holidays to you, as well. xo

      Delete